Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Saudi.... Foreigner?

Although I simply despise traveling, I ended up in the USA to comlpete my education. Now, I had my fears before I came. Unfortunately everything that I was afraid of is actually happening. I was pretty much an excellent student when it came to grades when I was back home, but now my exam grades are just OK, and recently I had a very big exam that I failed horribly at; 47%.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the "moving from a conservative to an extremely liberal environment" that is causing this. I dont drink or do drugs al7amdulellah, I dont go out to club or dance or anything of that sort. So what is going wrong? I have been asking myself that the day I came here. Unfortunately at this point I dont know.

What I do know is that I hate changes; so moving from Saudi Arabia to here was a huge change for me, I've been living alone ever since I came here, and I don't go out much. Take last weekend for example; I didnt set foot outside my apartment. I was never like that, back home all I did was go out with friends to have fun playing games, watching movies, playing soccer, etc. Yet here, I spend maybe 75% of my time inside my apartment, and I'm failing.

Is it being alone after all these years of being "part of a crowd"?

I dont know

No comments: