Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Price Difference, why?


I will have the whole month of August off inshalla as my annual summer break, which will give me a chance to go back home (can't wait) and get back to my "normal" life, even if it's gonna last for less than a month.
So I was searching online for the cheapest way to do that, i.e. a cheap ticket, and I was suprised at the fact that there's a huge price difference between flying from Boston to Dammam and flying from Boston to Bahrain. The former costs 2500$ on average, while the latter costs 1600$ (give or take a few hundred dollars, I havent been doing math in a long time)

The question is WHY? is it because there are more Saudi students in the States who are going back home? I mean let's face it, people don't go to Saudi for summer breaks to "yeshmmo hawa" so theres not really a logical explanation for why the tickets to Riyadh, Dammam or Jeddah are too high.

I called a traveling agent to search there in addition to my online searches.
I know I kind of left this till the last minute, but thats what my life is about.. leaving important stuff till the last minute then freaking myself out till I finally get it done on time barely.

note to self: work on "regenerating" that for starters
whisper to self: yyyyyeah, maybe later?

No comments: